Ministries - Youth
We do not see youth as a sub culture, but as a vital part of the church. We do have special programs for the teens, but we also work hard to make them an active part of the church as a whole.
- Sunday School meets every week at 10:00am and we have a class for ALL ages. Our entire church is using the Gospel Project during the Sunday school hour. That means that adult, teens, children are all learning the same thing every week! What a great opportunity for families to discuss the lesson.
- Living In God’s Holy Truth (LIGHT) Ministries is our weekly youth group which meets every Sunday night at 6:00pm. Games, snacks and Bible study with an emphasis on practical Christian living is what youth group is all about.
- Along with weekly meetings our teens enjoy regular fun events and activities
- Missions, service and fun trips are planned for every summer.
- AWANA – it’s not just for children. Our AWANA program is for teens as well!
Our Jr. High program called Trek finds the teens enjoying games and an hour long study in a workbook and Bible memory.
Our Sr. High teens help with the children for an hour and then have a Bible study.
Our high school program is called 24/7. Our high school teens help with the Sparks and T & T clubs for an hour and then have personal and group study time working through an AWANA handbook.
- Bible Camp. Bible Camp. We believe that very few things are more important or beneficial than a week at San Juan Bible Camp every June. Scholarships are available from ABC to help with the cost. There are also opportunities for the older teens to serve on staff at SJBC during the summer.
- Tuesday night Discipleship group is a time for digging deeper, learning more and growing strong in the faith.
- Our high school teens have the opportunity to work in the nursery and children’s church.
- Our Living In God’s Holy Truth (LIGHT) Ministries youth group provides a breakfast once a quarter for the body along with a Valentine Banquet every February.